About the Job
- This role offers the opportunity to lead Google’s business in West Africa and to help users make the most of the web. Reporting to the Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), you will be a member of the SSA Management Group and expected to contribute to the strategy and business development of the region. In this role, you will lead a commercial team.
- You will also be a leader across various functional teams and represent all aspects of Google in Nigeria and to other West African countries.
- You will drive how businesses, government, and consumers view Google.
- You will educate and persuade customers to embrace Google’s advertising products and technologies. You share the opportunities and challenges of the market, and advocate for the priorities for products.
- You will set transparent objectives, collaborate with product/functional counterparts and deliver together.
- You will anticipate how decisions are made, explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients, and understand how product offerings can grow business.
- You will set the roadmap and the strategy for how advertising can reach users.
- Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands.
- We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age.
- We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Lead business and commercial operations to deliver business growth, with a focus on large advertisers and agency partners. Build external relationships to open up key business opportunities.
- Represent Google in the market beyond business relationships (e.g., media, opinion formers, etc.), and represent Nigeria to Google (e.g., product and policy around business challenges and opportunities).
- Align teams around an integrated plan for Google’s success in the market.
- Experience in sales leadership driving business development in an organization.
- Experience as a Country Manager or within a Leadership role within a regional business.
- Experience working with CEOs of Nigerian and international organizations.
- Experience working within cross-functional leadership and in a multinational environment.
- Ability to build and sustain a network among business, political decision-makers, leaders, and regulatory bodies on complex policy topics.
- Ability to take initiative and deliver goals across media, business, and government channels with relationships within the advertising, technology, and startup sectors.
- Ability to work with team to deliver growth.
- To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes.
- Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location.
- Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.