According to Wikipedia, a security guard is a person employed by a government or private party to protect the employing party’s assets (property, people, equipment, money, etc.) from a variety of hazards (such as criminal activity, waste, damaged property, unsafe worker behavior, etc.) by enforcing preventative measures. In this post, we will be taking a look at security guard jobs as published on our platform. Before then, let’s quickly run through the job description of a security guard.
Job Description Of A Security Guard
- Protect the company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- A report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment
- Perform first aid or CPR
Security Guard Jobs
“Security guard jobs near me” is a commonly searched phrase among those who are interested in security guard jobs. We have compiled a list of security jobs published on our platform. Please feel free to apply for anyone that suits you.
Security Officer / Guard – CWAY Nigeria Drinking Water
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish a presence
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people on the property
- Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Secure all exits, doors, and windows after the end of operations
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Assist people in need
- Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to the legal protocol before the arrival of authorities
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
Requirements and skills
- A High School diploma or SSCE certificate is required
- Proven experience as a security officer or guard
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Registered as a security officer.
N30,000 – N35,000 / month
To apply, CLICK HERE
Security Recruiting Officers – Gamut Security and Escort Services (3 Openings)
- Under the direction of the Hiring Manager, this position supports the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing full-cycle recruiting and onboarding;
- This position is the first direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs. This role will assist the Operations Manager in supervising, motivating, coaching, and on-job training guards. Also responsible for evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments;
- Will assist the Operations Manager in making sure that the Post Order manual and all other post and training information are being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned, and organized;
- Assists the Hiring Manager in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees. Will assist the Operations Manager in organizing on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisor(s), of new employees assigned to a post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergencies or specific client needs;
- Oversees all reports, logs, and pass-downs generated by and for the Security Unit for assigned portfolio. Distributes communications and other information to Security Professionals at post as directed;
- Manages and supervises all assigned sub-units within Gamut Security Units. May generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests;
- Responds to minor incidents (internal to Security Professionals and/or external to client location) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified promptly;
- Identifies any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints, or other concerns, and forward any such issues to the appropriate OperationsManager or Field Supervisor. May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Hiring Manager, Operations Manager, or Managing Director.
- Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions (may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of OperationsManager with prior approval from Corporate HR management);
- Responds to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Field Supervisor, Branch, and/or Regional Manager. Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent client contact and support.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required:
- Minimum of OND or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes are preferred with at least 1-year experience.
- Must pay attention to details at all times.
- Must have passion
- Must be innovative and can think quickly on their feet.
- Someone that is street smart.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines. Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with the ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required;
- The ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email is a considerable plus;
- Typing skills at a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards, and company policies equitably and consistently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required;
- Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis and must be accessible by phone or pager 24/7 for emergency response.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE
Safety and Security Officer – Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- The development of an organizational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
- Ensure all offices and its operational locations comply with all GEPaDC Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale, and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies.
- Provide support as required to the Field Incident Management Team in case of security-related crisis
Assessment and Analysis:
- Coordinate with the alternate Security Focal Points for the preparation & delivery of high-quality reports, analysis and security by gathering information from a variety of sources.
- The Security Officer will submit a written weekly Field security report to the Field Manager.
- The Security Officer will coordinate the field office’s weekly security briefing.
- Ensure that incident reports are properly compiled promptly by staff and shared with the Field Manager.
- Monitor events, review incidents, and coordinate analysis, follow up actions and recommendations
- Provide security updates which include situational analysis, actions taken and actions recommended to the GEPaDC Field management team
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure that all staff understand the country-wide security plan and agree to abide by its policies and procedures.
- Monitor the security environment and adjust security policies and procedures accordingly in consultation with the Field Managers.
- Ensure quality and relevance of area security plans.
- Undertake reviews of policies and procedures; identify opportunities to enhance security.
- Advise on safe movement for staff e.g. proper vehicle fleet management policies, adequate safety and communication equipment in vehicles, and training drivers in established procedures and requisite skills
- Assist with proposal development to ensure adequate consideration of safety and security needs and inclusion of security costs.
- Undertake security assessments of and field missions to program areas and potential program areas; report on findings and design necessary improvements.
- Provide safety and security support and advice to Field TAs Programme managers.
Communication and Training:
- Coordinate the gathering and flow of information with other relevant actors; classify security information according to its reliability and accuracy
- Coordinate and manage the proper use of GEPADC communication equipment/systems and alert the Field Manager of any hardware failures
- Develop security briefing material and provide orientation to incoming or newly appointed staff
- Coordinate Safety and Security training for GEPADC staff and partners. Training will include medical, communications, guard force, and driving but will also include other higher-level security training.
- Provide timely security briefings for visitors to and from field missions
- Develop and implement security training for all GEPaDC staff, and develop and apply evaluation processes to determine whether training competencies are met.
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of common sense and a genuine interest in people.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND, or M.Arch qualification with at least 1-year work experience.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE
Log on to Hubforjobs.com today, and avail yourself stress the unending stress of getting a job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs